Wendell Foster, a private non-profit organization, is a multi-service agency located in Owensboro, Kentucky. Serving over 2,000 children and adults, our services are known for supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities across 34 counties in Western Kentucky and Southern Indiana. With nearly 400 employees, we honor our responsibility as a non-profit employer in the region.
The Board of Directors is focused on selecting a new Chief Executive Officer to ensure Wendell Foster’s continued success and to lead us to new heights as a premier healthcare provider.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader who is passionate about people and our mission of service.
- The candidate will have demonstrated a proven track record of leading large organizations that have regional reach and impact.
- Our ideal candidate will have strong business acumen and ability to manage and balance multiple priorities. This will include, but is not limited to, meeting financial/fundraising goals, providing personal leadership within the organization, and developing leaders and managers at all levels.
- Wendell Foster is looking for a results-driven leader who has experience building and nurturing collaborative relationships with various stakeholder groups – board, staff, clients, families, and the community – and a wide range of private and public partners – to shape a future of integrated and innovative systems of care.
- The candidate must have a successful track record of leading strategic initiatives while “taking care of business” on a day-to-day basis.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, with a graduate degree preferred.
- Responsible for the operational management of the organization
- Reports directly to the board, interfacing between Board and Staff
- Promotes the mission of the organization to the community and key stakeholders and advocates for service recipients
- Responsible for fundraising planning and cultivation of donors, including identifying needs and resources, establishing strategies to approach current and potential givers to ensure goals are met
- Assures the organization, its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to the community and relevant stakeholders
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.