This course will allow attendees to evaluate their own sensory differences, which will give insight and perspective toward their clients. The instructor will demonstrate the importance of modulation, under responsive or over responsive actions in order to guide and create successful therapy sessions. Attendees will be taught to recognize how a client may be processing information, and to understand which strategies and evidence based practices to use to help the individual in therapy and other environments such as school, work, church, home and play groups. The importance of working with an Occupational Therapist in treatment or consultation will be addressed.
1. Gain a fundamental understanding of the sensory system.
2. Able to differentiate sensory differences and atypical responses.
3. Participants experience activities to evaluate their own sensory system.
4. Be able to implement sensory strategies and Evidence Based Practices in order to increase arousal, production, and attention during a therapy session
Presented by Monica Purdy, MA, CCC-SLP, with over 15 years of professional experience specializing in helping children with special needs to communicate. She is the owner of a pediatric therapy clinic in Indiana and works in her own private practice in addition to being a TalkTools® Instructor. Monica is PROMPT and SOS trained, familiar with sign language, and well-versed in the use of augmentative devices. She is a graduate of Ball State University.
- $150 Early Bird Rate – through 10/06/18
- $190 Standard Rate – 10/07/18 to 11/23/18
- $200 Late Registration – 11/24/18 to 12/5/18