Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a full-time Driver in the Transportation department.
The Driver provides support to Wendell Foster and its service recipients by transporting passengers in a safe, efficient, clean, reliable and appropriate vehicle environment. Some Drivers may perform duties for GRITS community services.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Driver supports the mission of WF by ensuring that individuals who choose WF and/or GRITS as their transportation service provider are transported safely and reliably to and from their destination.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- Per insurance requirements, must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age. Candidates between ages 21 and 25 may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledge of vehicles, specifications, and vehicle maintenance, including vehicles used to transport individuals with disabilities.
- Valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive facility vehicles required.
- DOT Physical and Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) certification preferred.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Qualified to transport passengers under federal (FTA), state (HSTD), local regulations, and Wendell Foster and/or Audubon Area/GRITS guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to accept and manage dispatch calls.
- Ability to work under time stress situations and be able to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure safety and person-centered services
- Ability to work well with others.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.