Owensboro, KY 42303
Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for the Billing Specialist/Accounts Receivable in the Finance department.
The Medical Billing Specialist manages resident Medicaid and Social Security eligibility, patient insurance eligibility and benefit verification, and pre-authorization of private insurance when required. Is responsible for researching and appealing denied claims as well as reviewing all aging balances. Participates in daily posting of receipts and review of insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount. Collects and analyzes billing data and reports summarized findings to supervisor. The Medical Billing Specialist contributes to the completion of all other duties performed in the Business Office when requested.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Medical Billing Specialist supports the mission of Wendell Foster through effective billing practices that ensure continued access to a wide range of services by maximizing program income, satisfying regulations, and safeguarding the resources of individuals and families who choose Wendell Foster as their service provider.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of three years of medical billing experience required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with accounting practices preferred.
- Candidates must be able to work with high volume of work while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills required to operate practice management system (i.e., use Window operating system, Microsoft Excel, Billing Software, Internet, and email, etc.)
- Technology expertise is required to promote efficiencies in billing software processes.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance requirements in billing and reporting procedures is required.
- Knowledge of reporting procedures for representative payees and guardians desired.
- Possess proficient calculator and computer skills, including Excel. Ability to learn specialized software in order to accurately enter, retrieve, assemble and organize data.
- Possess ability to work with billing software support to learn new processes and resolve billing system matters.
- Ability to collect and analyze billing data and report summarized findings to supervisor.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret insurance reports and legal documents, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of billing variables based on payer source.
- Ability to speak in a clear, articulate manner on the phone or in person.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess cooperative attitude, flexibility, and willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.