The Interpreter assists in providing quality supports through listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements of physical, occupational, and speech therapy appointments. These interpretations are directed by the therapist to ensure appropriate and successful programming. This is a PRN position approximately 2-5 hours per week.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Interpreter supports the mission of Wendell Foster by interpreting the interests, likes and dislikes, and needs of the client he/she supports, breaking down language barriers with clients to ensure diversity and inclusion into the therapy programming process.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish with progressive use of language skills required.
- Medical or General certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to retain confidentiality of medical and personal information.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedural codes preferred.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off to eligible employees. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.