Owensboro, KY 42303
Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for the Director of Residential Operations.
The Director of Residential Operations will oversee all operations of residential services within the Supports for Community Living department. The Director of Residential Operations will provide supervision to Direct Support Professionals, including Adult Foster Care and Family Home Providers, and provides assistance with the individual’s person centered programming through the Person Centered Service Plan. Monitors and ensures direct support staff members, and contractors such as AFC and FHPs, receive on the job training that allows them to function independently in the homes and provides support to staff and contractors on an ongoing basis. Will ensure Direct Support Professionals maintain a high level of person centeredness in all aspects of supporting people with developmental disabilities. Ensures all residential participants have their basic health, safety, and human security needs addressed.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Director of Residential Operations supports the mission of Wendell Foster by serving as a role model and support to Direct Support Professionals and contractors, which increases their longevity and satisfaction, ultimately leading to better outcomes for participants who select Wendell Foster as their service provider. In addition, the Director of Residential Operations helps participants ensure all basic assurances are met by having current medications and treatments comply with physician orders, and located in each participant’s homes and other service sites as well as ensure all incident reports are completed accurately and provide any follow up for any actions needed to prevent similar future incidents.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Per state regulations, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in providing services to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful supervisory management experience, preferably in a human services environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
- Upon hire, must complete all required Division of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities training.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive facility vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to foster an appropriate team concept among Direct Support Professionals.
- Possess basic computer skills, including Word and Excel, and ability to learn specialized software.
- Demonstrate ability to problem-solve and manage crisis.
- Must be able to communicate with and advocate for people with disabilities.
- Knowledge of the Division of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities Incident Reporting and the ability to complete an incident report as needed.
- Must be highly organized
- Must be able to work with a variety of physicians and other agencies
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.