The Team Nurse ensures quality health care for all individuals through education and provision of active health training programs, preventative health care and early detection of illness, and care during illness. This is a night shift position.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
This position supports the mission of WF by providing high quality, compassionate nursing care and monitoring, which empowers individuals to reach their highest level of functioning and independence. Through continuous collaboration with individuals, families and/or guardians, staff members, and medical providers, the Team Nurse provides education and guidance on health issues and applies person centered planning concepts in support of resident goals, interests and desires.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a current license as RN or LPN in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an interest in persons with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to work under supervision and to supervise as needed in areas relating directly to nursing care.
- Ability and willingness to work closely with others.
- Ability to communicate information effectively.
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive the facilitites vehicles.