The Certified Medication Aide assists Health Services staff to ensure quality health care for all individuals.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Certified Medication Aide supports the mission of WF by administering medications and treatments, as needed by those who choose WF for supports, in order to help each person reach their highest potential, and empowers people by offering education and assistance in self administration whenever possible.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess or be able to pass training as a Certified Medication Aide (CMA)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess good reading and writing skills
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and direction
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive WF’s vehicles.
- Must be able to perform basic nurses’ aide services
- Must be able to effectively communicate individuals’ needs and responses to ICF Team Nurse
- Must demonstrate an interest in persons with developmental disabilities
- Must be able to communicate information about a individual’s condition
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.