Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a Meal Services Assistant in the Dietary department.
The Meal Services Assistant provides food services to individuals residing in the ICF/IID, various programs or events on campus while following all sanitation and Food Service Establishment Codes, physicians’ orders, and dietary instructions. This is a part time position.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Meal Services Assistant supports the overall mission of WF by empowering the individuals they serve to communicate food likes and dislikes, make choices, and offer suggestions, and by honoring such requests to the extent possible by providing nutritious, tasteful meals in a homelike environment.
Education and/or Education:
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- Experience in meal service area preferred.
- Ability to drive organization vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate and follow good sanitary habits.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple math calculations in regards to weight and measurement of foods and liquids.
- Ability to deal with and solve difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, and ability to understand and follow written and oral directions and instructions.
- Ability to possess and apply knowledge of sanitation, infection control and safety considerations for food handling and services.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.