OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB (PURPOSE):
Driver transports passengers in a safe, efficient, clean, reliable and appropriate vehicle environment. Driver will also provide personal care in the residential setting when time allows.
- During “down-time,” drivers will assist in the cottages with resident care. This will include assisting with meals, hygiene and recreational activities.
- Staff relationships will promote a climate that supports a safe, efficient and appropriate transportation system.
- All drivers must be qualified to transport passengers under federal (FTA), state (HSTD), local regulations, and Wendell Foster guidelines.
- Drivers will ensure all vehicles are maintained to ensure safe mechanical operation.
- Drivers will ensure passengers are transported according to the safest and shortest route possible.
- Drivers will adhere to written instructions and policies concerning passengers, including proper protocol for reporting accidents/incidents.
- Drivers will communicate regularly, timely, and safely during the day with residential staff.
- Drivers will maintain passenger confidentiality.
No CDL is required.
- Valid Driver’s License (no more then 3 moving violations in 2 years)
- Pass Background Checks
- Pre-employment Drug Test and Physical
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent