Owensboro, KY 42303
Salary: $12.25 /hour
The Direct Support Professional provides necessary assistance with individuals’ daily living needs in their own home and ensures person centered programming through the implementation of the person’s plan of care.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Direct Support Professional supports, teaches, and empowers individuals to become as independent as possible in their own homes and in the community. The Direct Support Professional supports the mission of WF by learning the interests, likes and dislikes, aspirations, and needs of the individuals he/she supports, offering opportunities for new experiences and developing creative ideas for implementing their goals and plans.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
· Upon hire, must complete all training required by the Division of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities and become certified in CPR and first aid (training provided).
- Ability to drive facility vehicles including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate and to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must have basic money management skills.
- Must demonstrate cooking and housekeeping skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure safety and person-centered care.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.