Owensboro, KY 42303
Salary: $0.00 /year
Part-Time Occupational Therapist opportunity with a thriving company!
Scheduled days will be Wednesday and Thursday.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Occupational Therapist collaborates with clients to develop and provide active Occupational Therapy and/or training programs, empowering them to realize their dreams and potentials.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Occupational Therapist supports the mission of WF by helping people to participate in self-directed, meaningful activities of daily living in the areas of self-care, work, and leisure and to achieve their goals through training, adaptation, and education.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must meet the requirements of and be licensed as an Occupational Therapist as determined by the Kentucky Board of Licensure of Occupational Therapy, including minimum education standards as required by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Educational Standards.
- Current National Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to drive organization vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
- Must have knowledge of Occupational Therapy methods and techniques.
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to learn specialized software.
- Must be able to work with individuals with disabilities.
- Must be able to work effectively with related professionals.
Position reports directly to: Director of Occupational Therapy
Positions supervised: This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities, but
may provide clinical supervision to students and Certified Occupational Therapy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Evaluates and provides treatment for clients within guidelines of Kentucky Board of Licensure for Occupational Therapy and all applicable regulations.
- Provides formal and informal training to caregivers, as needed.
- Fabricates and designs adaptive equipment.
- Schedules Occupational Therapy treatment services.
- Completes and/or ensures completion of all required documentation and billing according to all applicable regulations.
- Meets productivity guidelines as outlined by supervisor.
- Attends in-services and workshops to maintain quality standards in the delivery of treatment/training services.
- Participates in specific departmental and facility Quality Indicators Program.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in Occupational Therapy. Assure the maintenance of standards of the American Occupational Therapy Association, the Kentucky State Board of Occupational Therapy, and the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Educational Standards.
- Serve as liaison to individuals, facility, staff, and community agencies to enhance awareness of services provided.
- Provides clinical supervision to Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Serves as Primary Care Coordinator, as assigned.
- Provides Occupational Therapist Director with recommendations for budget needs.
- Participates in various standing and ad hoc committees as assigned by supervisors.
- May act as student clinical instructor.
- May participate in research activities as approved by supervising therapist, CEO, and appropriate review committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*