Salary: $11.50 /hour
The Person-Centered Specialist promotes quality of each individual’s life through program planning and implementation as well as person-centered planning, ensuring quality of services, and implementing those self-help, activities of daily living (ADL), and socialization programs as outlined in each person’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Person-Centered Specialist supports the mission of WF by understanding the interests, likes and dislikes, aspirations, and needs of the individuals he/she supports, offering opportunities for learning and new experiences, and developing creative ideas for implementing their goals and plans. The Person-Centered Specialist empowers individuals to realize their fullest potential through support, encouragement, and respect.
Education and Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to drive the organization’s vehicles, including valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Must be willing to swim in the Wendell Foster therapy pool
- Must be willing to attend church services with those we support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others and effectively communicate.
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to organize, plan and implement programs, services and activities, while using creativity and critical person-centered thinking skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Basic computer word processing skills and ability to learn windows-based software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure safety and person-centered care.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).