Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for the Health Services Community Liaison in the Nursing department. Sign-On Incentive also available. Terms apply.
The Health Services Community Liaison coordinates scheduling and transportation for all medical appointments and ensures the provision of safety, well-being, and communication of health information.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Health Services Community Liaison supports the mission of WF by coordinating transportation and accommodations for safety and well-being to ensure that individuals served are able to attend all medical appointments at the provider of their choice. The Health Services Community Liaison supports each person served by facilitating the sharing of necessary information related to each medical appointment.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with valid Kentucky state license required.
- Possess, or be able to possess, required first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess an interest in persons with developmental disabilities.
- Ability and willingness to work closely with others.
- Ability to communicate information effectively.
- Able to read/communicate written information about a person’s condition
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and direction
- Must be able to effectively communicate residents’ needs and responses to ICF Team Nurse
- Must be able to communicate information about a resident’s condition
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive facility vehicles.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.