Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a Speech Language Pathologist in the Speech Therapy department.
The Speech Language Pathologist evaluates and establishes a plan of care for intervention to be provided through direct treatment.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Speech Language Pathologist supports the mission of WF through empowering people by giving them the means to determine and communicate their wants, needs, feelings, ideas and dreams. The Speech Language Pathologist also helps people reach their maximum potential in life by achieving, restoring and retaining swallowing skills to improve quality of life.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders/Speech Pathology.
- Kentucky Licensure as required by the Kentucky Board of Examiners for Speech/Language Pathology and Audiology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology as required by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Assisted Technology Professional (ATP) and vital stem certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to drive organization vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
- Must have knowledge of Speech Therapy methods and techniques.
- Ability to work with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with related professionals.
- Ability to keep technical and professional records and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Possess intermediate computer skills and ability to learn specialized software.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.