Owensboro, KY 42303
Salary: $12.25 /hour
The role of the Recreation Support Professional is to develop, implement, schedule, conduct, and supervise community based social and recreational activities based on each individual’s interests. The Recreation Support Professional may provide necessary assistance with individuals’ daily living needs during trips or vacations.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Recreation Support Professional supports the mission of WF by offering recreational activities and trips chosen by and of interest to individuals who receive services from WF in order to provide opportunities for fun, socialization, and independence within the community.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- An Associate’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience providing active treatment and/or educational opportunities for individuals with disabilities required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive facility vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate and to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to plan and schedule community recreational opportunities of interest to individuals with ID/DD.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure safety and person-centered care.
- Possess team-building and leadership skills
- Possess a high level of flexibility and creativity in daily schedule.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.