Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for an Outpatient Services Office Coordinator for the Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility.
The Outpatient Services Office Coordinator manages daily activities to ensure coordination of patient referrals, implementation of services, and outpatient care records for the Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF). The Outpatient Services Office Coordinator supports the mission of WF by ensuring that outpatients receive physical, occupational and speech therapy services through reliable and efficient scheduling, accurate information regarding insurance eligibility and benefits, and prompt delivery of services. Additionally, as the first point of contact for many callers and visitors, the Outpatient Services Office Coordinator represents the campus as a welcoming, person-centered environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree preferred
- Experience providing exceptional customer service, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in medical practice or health services management preferred, specifically with insurance pre-authorization, billing, co-payments, medical terminology, and procedural codes.
- Must demonstrate the ability to retain the confidentiality of medical and personal information.
- Intermediate computer skills (including Microsoft Office Suite) and ability to learn specialized software and electronic medical records.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-speed environment with superb organization skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacts outpatients upon physician referral for CORF services within 48 hours of notice from the physician.
- Serves as CORF receptionist from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (flex). (Answer phone; schedule evaluation and therapy appointments, maintain outpatient files).
- Obtains accurate patient and insurance information.
- Collaborates with Business Office Billing and Insurance Supervisor to inform outpatient of insurance benefits information prior to receiving services through CORF.
- Assists new outpatients with initial admission criteria.
- Pre-certifies therapy sessions as required by Medicaid and managed care companies.
- Collects co-pays and deductible amounts from outpatients to whom services have been rendered.
- Works with Wendell Foster’s Business Office to ensure data compliance and to maximize collections.
- Assists Vice President for Outpatient Services with quarterly Utilization Review, Infection Control, Quality Assurance data collection, and yearly CORF statistics as required by regulations.
- Inputs patient informational/insurance information daily in scheduling software.
- Mails copies of evaluation reports, monthly summaries, and discharge summaries to outpatients and physicians.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.