Owensboro, KY 42303
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Director of Community Supports manages Wendell Foster’s community-based adult day training program, Michelle P Waiver services, Supports for Community Living (SCL) in home services. The Director provides necessary guidance and direction in organizing the aforementioned programs that are scheduled according to participants’ person centered outcomes and ensures person centered programming through the implementation of participants’ plans of care. The Director hires and serves as a role model for aforementioned program employees in the successful performance of their participant support and training duties.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Director of Community Supports coordinates, supports, teaches, and empowers employees and participants to enable participants to become as independent as possible in their community. The Director supports the mission of WF by learning and providing guidance to staff in learning the interests, likes and dislikes, aspirations, and needs of the participants they support offering opportunities for new experiences and developing creative ideas for implementing their goals and plans.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· An Associate’s degree Education or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in working in the field of disabilities preferred.
- Two (2) years of successful supervisory and/or program management experience, preferably in a human services environment preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
- Upon hire, must complete all training required by the Division of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities and become certified in CPR and First Aid (training provided).
- Ability to drive facility vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of various community events and activities
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions
· Shall be able to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, including public speaking
- Must be able to work with other organizations/medical professionals within the community
- Is driven, takes initiative, and uses critical thinking skills to meet the needs of the position
- Possess moderate computer skills, including MS Office Suite and specialized software’s
- Excellent at multi-tasking and being organized
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.