Salary: $10.00 /hour
To provide necessary assistance with the consumer’s daily living needs in their own home. To ensure person centered programming through the implementation of the Individual Support Plan.
Education and Experience:
- Direct Support Professionals shall be eighteen (18) years or older with a high school diploma or GED or be twenty-one (21) years of age and have effective communication skills.
- Completed Phase I training prior to providing services alone.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Have a valid driver’s license, proof of car insurance, and reliable vehicle due to nature of in home services.
- Phase II training completed within six months of service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to lift items over fifty (50) pounds, transfer, and transport individuals.
- Ability to learn necessary skills needed to implement support plans and supervise the safety and well-being of the individuals.
- Generally responsible.
- Must have basic money management skills.
- Must demonstrate cooking and housekeeping skills.
- Must have knowledge of local and community resources.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.