Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a Registered Behavior Technician in the Intermediate Care Facility.
The Registered Behavior Tech (RBT) establishes and provides behavioral training programs for individuals with developmental disabilities, adhering to Wendell Foster policies and procedures, state and federal regulations and standards.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The RBT supports the mission of WF by identifying and effectively working towards reducing challenging behaviors of the individuals of the ICF/IID. In addition, the RBT ensures that positive behavior supports are utilized with individuals of the ICF/IID. Through a Person-Centered approach and tools, the RBT is an advocate for behavioral interventions with individuals to those offering their supports.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D required.
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred.
- Registered Behavior Tech certification required.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in the care of individuals with multiple physical handicaps or challenging behaviors, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive organization vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with peers, clients, supervisors, and outside entities.
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal regulations and facility policies and procedures regarding behavior services.
- Must possess organizational skills in order to develop and implement training programs. This person must exhibit the ability to cooperate within the IDT structure and adhere to ethics and standards in the practice of duties.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.