Wendell Foster, a non-profit disability service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a Physical Therapist in the Physical Therapy department. Qualified candidates may be eligible for a sign-on bonus!
The Physical Therapist supports the mission of Wendell Foster by providing high-quality services and access to equipment that help individuals to restore and maintain their highest level of functioning in order to achieve their goals and dreams. The Physical Therapist also provides education to individuals and families, which promotes independence and hope for the future.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy Program accredited by the American Physical Therapy
- Licensed by the Kentucky State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Experience working in with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of Physical Therapy methods and techniques.
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to learn specialized software.
- Must be able to work effectively with related professionals.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Actively participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Evaluates and provides treatments for clients within the guidelines of the Kentucky State Board of Physical Therapy Practice Act and all applicable regulations.
- Assists in recommending and obtaining wheelchairs, braces, and specific positioning and training equipment.
- Ensures that documentation and billing are completed according to the Kentucky State Board of Physical Therapy Practice Act and all applicable regulations.
- Assists with departmental schedules for service provision.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in Physical Therapy.
- Assures the maintenance of standards of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Serves as liaison to clients, facility staff, and community agencies to enhance awareness of services provided.
- Participates in specific departmental and facility Quality Indicator Program.
- Adheres to supervision guidelines for supportive personnel, including students and volunteers, as mandated by the Kentucky State Board of Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- Ensures billing and documentation for Physical Therapy services are conducted according to the Kentucky State Board of Physical Therapy Practice Act and all applicable guidelines.
- Meets productivity guidelines as outlined by the supervisor.
- Provides Director of Physical Therapy with recommendations for budget needs.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits for this position including sign-on bonus, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement plan, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, please visit Wendellfoster.org/careers
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.