The role of the Recreation Support Professional (RSP) is to assists the Director of Recreation with developing, implementing, scheduling, conducting, and supervising campus and community based social and recreational activities based on each individual’s interests.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The RSP supports the mission of WF by offering recreational activities and trips chosen by and of interest to individuals who receive services from WF in order to provide opportunities for fun, socialization, and independence within the community.
Education and/or Experience:
- Optional completion of state Activity Coordinator training course
- Minimum of one (1) year experience providing active treatment and/or educational opportunities for individuals with disabilities required, two (2) years preferred
- Minimum three (3) years experience with adult day training and scheduling preferred
- Certified to pass medications (CMA/CMT) within Kentucky nursing facilities highly preferred.
- Successfully complete introductory and advanced Person-Centered Thinking courses.
- Associates degree in human services or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
- Ability to plan and schedule campus and community recreational opportunities of interest to individuals with ID/DD
- Possess team-building and leadership skills
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive campus vehicles.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
- Possess a high level of flexibility and creativity in daily schedule.