Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a Recreation Nurse.
The Recreation Nurse will work with the Recreation Department in ensuring that those who need a nurse for activities and vacations are able to attend as they occur. The Recreation Nurse will also be responsible for passing medications on these trips, as needed.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
This position supports the mission of WF by providing high quality, compassionate nursing care and monitoring, which empowers individuals to reach their highest level of functioning and independence. Through continuous collaboration with individuals, families and/or guardians, staff members, and medical providers, the Recreation Nurse provides education and guidance on health issues and applies person centered planning concepts in support of individual goals, interests and desires.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in the care of individuals with multiple physical handicaps, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive facility vehicles.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under supervision and to supervise as needed in areas relating directly to nursing care.
- Ability and willingness to work closely with others.
- Ability to communicate information effectively.
- Ability to travel extensively both locally and nationally
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.