Owensboro, KY 42303
Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for the Billing Specialist/Accounts Receivable in the Finance department.
Actively participate in daily operations in accounts receivable including posting of receipts, assisting in control over account aging, and helping with research on claim denials or other billing/receipt issues. Works with billing team members to continually improve system processes and keep billing and coding changes up to date. Works with Controller on end of the month reports and balancing.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Billing Specialist – Accounts Receivable supports the mission of WF through effective billing and collection practices that ensure continued access to a wide range of services by maximizing program income, satisfying regulations, and maintaining positive relationships with all individuals and families who choose WF as their service provider.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of three years of medical billing experience required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with accounting practices preferred.
- Candidates must be able to work with high volume of work while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills required to operate practice management system (i.e., use Window operating system, Microsoft Excel, Billing Software, Internet, and email, etc.)
- Technology expertise is required to promote efficiencies in billing software processes.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance requirements in billing and reporting procedures is required.
- Possess basic calculator and computer skills, including Excel, and ability to learn specialized software, in order to accurately enter, retrieve, assemble and organize data.
- Possess ability to work with billing software support to learn new processes and resolve billing system matters.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance reports and some legal documents, make judgments, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to immediate supervisors and other WF personnel, as needed.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as basic formulas in spreadsheets, analysis of variance and tracking on aging reports.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of billing variables based on payer source.
- Ability to speak in a clear, articulate manner on the phone or in person.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess cooperative attitude, flexibility, and willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to drive campus vehicles including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.