Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a Laundry Worker.
The Laundry Worker provides laundry services in assigned organization programs, ensuring that clothing and linens are properly cleaned and maintained in good repair.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Laundry Worker supports the mission of WF by ensuring that the individuals who choose WF as their service provider always have clothing and linens that are clean and in good repair. By ensuring that each individual’s clothing is properly cared for, sorted and returned to the appropriate person, and laundered in a timely manner, the Laundry Worker demonstrates respect for each individual and his/her choices.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D preferred.
- Ability to drive organization vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate written and/or verbal information about a service recipient’s condition or any information pertaining to their job duties.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to possess knowledge of organization sanitation, infection control, and safety processes/policies.
- Ability to understand and follow written and/or oral directions and instructions.
- Possess basic computer skills and ability to learn specialized software.
- Ability to demonstrate good sanitary habits.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple math skills.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.