OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB (PURPOSE):
Wendell Foster is seeking a part-time driver to drive vans providing services to people with developmental disabilities in the Daviess County and surrounding areas. Vans are equipped with lifts/ramps for mobility devices. No CDL is required.
- All drivers are qualified to transport passengers under federal (FTA), state (HSTD), local regulations, and Wendell Foster and/or Audubon Area/GRITS guidelines.
- All vehicles are maintained to ensure safe mechanical operation.
- Passengers are transported according to the safest and shortest route possible.
- Driver adheres to written instructions and policies concerning passengers.
- All accidents/incidents and emergencies are handled according to guidelines in your Drivers’ Handbook.
- Transportation logistics operate efficiently through effective two way communication.
- Passengers are transported in a safe and healthy environment.
- Staff relationships promote a climate that supports a safe, efficient and appropriate transportation system.
- Documentation and record keeping are timely and accurately completed and maintained as required by all applicable regulations.
- Drivers work as a team to assist with “will calls” to ensure that passengers are picked up on a timely basis.