The SCL House Supervisor is a house-specific, entry-level management position designed to assist the ADRO – SCL in the daily operations, programming, planning, implementation, staffing, and employee supervision of the house to which they are assigned. The SCL House Supervisor will provide supervision to Direct Support Professionals as well as provide assistance with the individual’s person centered programming through the Person Centered Service Plan. SCL House Supervisor will help ensure Direct Support Professionals maintain a high level of person centeredness in all aspects of supporting people with developmental disabilities. SCL House Supervisor will help ensure all residential participants have their basic health, safety, and human security needs addressed.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The SCL House Supervisor supports the mission of Wendell Foster by serving as a role model and support to Direct Support Professionals to increase employment longevity and satisfaction, ultimately leading to better outcomes for participants who select Wendell Foster as their service provider.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or a G.E.D required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 3 months’ experience in providing services to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to drive campus vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- At least 21 years of age
- Upon hire, must complete all required Division of Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities training and become certified in CPR and First Aid (training provided).
- Complete Wendell Foster Person-Centered Training within 6 months of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others and to communicate effectively.
- Possess basic computer skills, including Word and Excel, and ability to learn specialized software.
- Demonstrate ability to problem-solve and manage crisis.
- Must be time-oriented and possess the ability to multi-task.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.