Wendell Foster, a non-profit disabilities service provider in Owensboro, Kentucky has an opening for a Certified Medication Aide in the Nursing department.
The Certified Medication Aide assists Health Services staff to ensure quality health care for all residents.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Certified Medication Aide supports the mission of WF by administering medications and treatments, as needed by those who choose WF for supports, in order to help each person reach their highest potential, and empowers people by offering education and assistance in self administration whenever possible.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Certified Medication Aide in the State of Kentucky required.
- Possess valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to drive facility vehicles.
- Possess, or be able to possess, required first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess good reading and writing skills
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and direction
- Must be able to perform basic nurses’ aide services
- Must be able to effectively communicate residents’ needs and responses to ICF Team Nurse
- Must demonstrate an interest in persons with developmental disabilities
- Must be able to communicate information about a service recipient’s condition
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.