Salary: $11.50 /hour
The Direct Support Professional promotes quality of each individual’s life through program planning and implementation, ensuring quality of services, and implementing those self-help, activities of daily living (ADL), and socialization programs as outlined in each person’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Direct Support Professional supports the mission of WF by understanding the interests, likes and dislikes, aspirations, and needs of the individuals he/she supports, offering opportunities for learning and new experiences, and developing creative ideas for implementing their goals and plans. The Direct Support Professional empowers individuals to realize their fullest potential through support, encouragement, and respect.
Education and Experience:
- Must have high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to drive the organization’s vehicles, including valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work well with others and effectively communicate.
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to organize, plan and implement programs, services and activities.
- Basic computer word processing skills and ability to learn windows-based software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure safety and person-centered care.
- Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.