- Speech Language Pathologist
Karissa Riter, a native of Owensboro, Kentucky, became a speech therapist in 2000 and joined Wendell Foster in 2001. Karissa has a special interest in working with children and adults who use augmentative or alternative communication (AAC), and enjoys working with children who need aural rehabilitation after receiving cochlear implants.
When asked what she enjoys most about working a Wendell Foster, Karissa says, “I love my speech therapy team. I’m blessed to have the opportunity to meet diverse people through Wendell Foster. Each day brings a new encounter that strengthens my determination to strive for continued growth and success in my profession.”
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders, Western Kentucky University 1999
- Master of Science in Communication Disorders, Western Kentucky University 2000
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP), American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Assistive Technology Professional (ATP), Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America
- Adjunct Professor in the School of Special Education, Brescia University