Now accepting NEW Occupational Therapy Patients
Ask your doctor for a referral to Wendell Foster today.
Wendell Foster’s Occupational Therapy department has access to state of the art equipment and facilities including a sensory room, suspended equipment and assistive technology.
Children and adults receive a comprehensive evaluation which includes person and family centered goals. Therapeutic intervention is provided to address the underlying components that are limiting an individual from participating in their everyday activities of daily living. Areas of intervention include:
• Activities of daily living/self-help skills training
• Achievement of developmental milestones
• Assistive technology
• Adaptive equipment for use during activities of daily living, play, leisure, etc.
• Client-centered, individualized home programming and education for client and family/caregivers
• Cognitive/learning skills training
• Coordination and strengthening
• Deep physical agent modalities (electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.)
• Feeding and oral motor development intervention
• Fine motor skill development
• Instrumental activities of daily living skills training
• Neurodevelopmental intervention
• Play/leisure skills training
• Pre-vocational and vocational skills training
• Psychosocial skills training
• Sensory integrative/processing techniques
• Social skills training
• Upper extremity splinting/casting/kinesiotaping
• Visual-motor and visual-perceptual skills development