- Download the Owensboro Health Healthpark’s Training Plan for the Training Plan. The training plan is structured to take participants “off of the couch” and lead them into the Official Wendell Foster Half Marathon Training Plan.
- Start Date: 9/30/2019
- Download the Official Wendell Foster Half Marathon Training Plan. The plan assumes that you can already run 3 miles on your own before starting.
- Start Date: 12/8/2019
Disclaimer: The information, advice, and training plans associated with the Wendell Foster Half Marathon are for educational purposes only. Before making any changes to your exercise habits and before implementing any information or training plans on this website, you should consult your physician. If you follow the advice or training plans, then you do so at your own risk. Neither Wendell Foster nor Owensboro Health, Inc. will not be responsible for any injuries or other health problems that you may suffer if you follow the advice or training plan.
The Official Wendell Foster Half Marathon Training Runs will take place weekly from Legends starting on Saturday, January 4th, 2020 at 7:30AM. Also, Rehabilitation & Performance Institute will be present to provide helpful information on running technique and injury prevention.
Training Run Schedule:
1. 1/4: 5 miles; Click HERE for the route
2. 1/11: 6 miles; Click HERE for the route
3. 1/18: 5 miles; Click HERE for the route*
4. 1/25: 7 miles; Click HERE for the route*
5. 2/1: 9 miles
6. 2/8: 10 miles
7. 2/15: 7 miles
8. 2/22: 11 miles
9. 2/29: 12 miles
10. 3/7: 6 miles
11. 3/14: 13.1 miles – Race Day
*Training Run 1/18/20 and 1/25/20 will start from the Owensboro Health Healthpark.