March 14, 2020
The second annual Wendell Foster Half Marathon presented by Owensboro Health will take place on Saturday, March 14, 2020, which will offer a flat and fast route of Owensboro, Kentucky. The 13.1-mile race will be fully supported including some full and partial road closures. The race will start and finish on the riverfront by beautiful Smothers Park, which offers 3 signature fountains and an award-winning playground.
Late March will offer cooler temperatures, which will be perfect for the half marathon distance. There will be water stations conveniently placed along the course and the race will be professionally timed. Huge finisher medals will be given to those that complete the course. Plus, prize money will be awarded to the top competitors.
Come to friendly Owensboro, Kentucky and support our mission of empowering people with disabilities!
- Helps us empower over 2,000 people a year with disabilities
- Half Marathon Race Entry
- Huge Finisher Medal (must complete the 13.1-mile race)
- Technical Shirt
- Run Hat
- Gear Bag
- Post Race Nutrition (Pizza, Chocolate Milk, Snacks, Etc.)
- Before November 1, 2019: $65
- November 1 to December 31, 2019: $70
- January 1 to February 15, 2020: $80
- February 16 to March 9, 2020: $85
- Expo Registration (March 13, 2020): $95
- No Race Day Registration
- Registrations are final and no refunds will be issued
Running Stroller Division
Top three overall awards will be given for the Running Stroller Division. The division will consist of individuals with a disability who are pushed in a running stroller.
Please Note: Those being pushed, should register under the “Running Stroller Division.” Those that are pushing, should register under “Individual Half Marathon.”
Individual Half Marathon Awards:
CASH: $300 will be given to the overall male and female winners! 2nd place for overall male and female will receive $150. 3rd place for overall male and female will receive $50.
A nice medal will be given to the top three in the following age groups for male and female:
• 13-15 • 16-19 • 20-24 • 25-29 • 30-34 • 35-39 • 40-44 • 45-49 • 50-54 • 55-59 • 60-64 • 65-69 • 70-74 • 75+
Due to it being a large-scale event, there will not be an awards ceremony. When awards are officially finalized, awards will be mailed to recipients.
- There will be a course time limit to complete the race.
- You must be 13 years of age on race day to register. (Age restriction does NOT apply to those that are pushed in the “Running Stroller Division”).
Sponsorship inquiries and questions regarding the race, please contact:
John Gleason, Race Director
We as a community are very excited to help the Wendell Foster folks with the exciting Half Marathon Event through our community. I urge all the community to get behind this wonderful event and make it another OBKY success.
~Mayor Tom Watson