Now accepting new therapy patients.
Wendell Foster’s Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF) is now accepting new Speech, Physical and Occupational therapy patients.
The therapies include the evaluation and treatment of people of all ages, birth through adulthood. Services are offered both at our site and within the school setting through contractual arrangements with some area school systems. Depending on coverage, Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance may pay for expenses related to the services.
Speech therapy increases the ability to communicate by helping with the articulation and fluency of speech sounds, cognitive-linguistic skills, and aural rehabilitation.
Communication skills can be enhanced with augmentative and alternative communications systems when needed. Developing safe chewing and swallowing skills is another service offered by our speech therapists.
- Speech production training (including articulation, phonology, motor-speech, and fluency)
- Cognitive-linguistic skills training (thinking skills)
- Aural rehabilitation (hearing)
- Language enhancement (symbols, words, reading, writing)
- Sign language
- Augmentative and alternative communication systems (communication devices)
- Assistive technology
- Dysphagia therapy (swallowing skills)
- Oral feeding therapy (eating skills)
Physical Therapy services include the evaluation and treatment of individuals whose ability to move and perform daily activities have been impaired by disease or injury. The treatments provided by our professionally trained physical therapists are designed to improve strength endurance, coordination, gross motor function and range of motion.
- Wheelchair evaluations for seating and positioning
- Developmental assessments
- Mobility training (crawling, walking, and wheelchair mobility)
- Balance training
- Therapeutic exercise
- Aquatic therapy
- Treatment modalities (ultrasound, electric stimulation)
- Pain management
- Home programming
- Facilitation of normal developmental progress
- Assessments for adapted equipment such as walkers, standers, and tricycles
- Rehabilitation for orthopedic and neurological injuries
Wendell Foster’s Occupational Therapy department has access to state of the art equipment and facilities including a sensory room, suspended equipment and assistive technology.
Children and adults receive a comprehensive evaluation which includes person and family centered goals. Therapeutic intervention is provided to address the underlying components that are limiting an individual from participating in their everyday activities of daily living. Areas of intervention include:
• Activities of daily living/self-help skills training
• Achievement of developmental milestones
• Assistive technology
• Adaptive equipment for use during activities of daily living, play, leisure, etc.
• Client-centered, individualized home programming and education for client and family/caregivers
• Cognitive/learning skills training
• Coordination and strengthening
• Deep physical agent modalities (electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.)
• Feeding and oral motor development intervention
• Fine motor skill development
• Instrumental activities of daily living skills training
• Neurodevelopmental intervention
• Play/leisure skills training
• Pre-vocational and vocational skills training
• Psychosocial skills training
• Sensory integrative/processing techniques
• Social skills training
• Upper extremity splinting/casting/kinesiotaping
• Visual-motor and visual-perceptual skills development