- How can I tell if I’m registered?
- What are my options if I’m injured or my plans have changed?
- Where is packet pick-up located?
- Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
- Is late registration available?
- Where is the best place to park on race day?
- Is walking allowed in the half marathon? Is there a time cutoff?
- Are headphones allowed?
- Are strollers, pets, or bicycles allowed on the course?
- Will there be pacers for the half marathon?
- What time does the race start?
- What nutrition is available on the course?
- Is this a Boston Marathon qualifying race?
- Where are the port-a-potties located on the course?
- How do age group winners get their medals?
- Can a child or family member cross the finish line with me?
- How do I report incorrect or missing results?
- My GPS says I ran longer/shorter than 13.1. Are you sure the course is accurate?
- Can I purchase individual race photos?
- Can I exchange my shirt for a different size?
- How come I’m not receiving any of the race emails?
- How can I volunteer for the race?
- How is the race date decided?
- Is there a military/first responders discount?
1. How can I tell if I’m registered?
Click HERE to see if you’re registered.
2. What are my options if I’m injured or my plans have changed?
As the online waiver states, “my entry fee WILL NOT be refunded.” With this being a large event, a lot of services and materials are determined by the number of participants, which are scheduled far in advance. We are thankful for you understanding.
3. Where is packet pick-up located?
4. Can someone else pick up my packet for me?
Yes, but they must have a copy of your receipt. Please click HERE for more information on packet pick-up.
5. Is late registration available?
Race registration will be available at the expo for $85. There will NOT be race day registration.
6. Where is the best place to park on race day?
Click HERE for a helpful map that shows some of the parking garages near the start of the race. The race will start/finish at Veteran’s BLVD.
7. Is walking allowed in the half marathon? Is there a time cutoff?
Yes, walking is allowed. There is a 4 hour cutoff to complete the course. There will be a bus following the race. Those going slower than 18:19/mile, will be asked to exit the race and board the bus.
Course cut-off time for this event is 4 hours, along with participants being required to reach the following cut-off locations:
- The 3.5-mile mark at Legion Park by 8:40 am
- The 8.6-mile mark at the Owensboro Healthpark by 10:25 am
8. Are headphones allowed?
Headphones and earbuds are discouraged, for your safety and others around you. Runners should be alert to their surroundings and able to hear course volunteers and other runners.
9. Are strollers, pets, or bicycles allowed on the course?
Strollers are only allowed to push people with disabilities in our “Running Stroller Division.” Pets and bicycles are NOT allowed on the course.
10. Will there be pacers for the half marathon?
Yes, The Wendell Foster Half Marathon will have pace setters for 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30, 2:45, and 3:00.
11. What time does the race start?
The race will start promptly at 7:30AM, Central Time Zone.
12. What nutrition is available on the course?
Every water station will have water. Every other station will have water and gatorade.
13. Is this a Boston Marathon qualifying race?
No. Currently, the Wendell Foster Half Marathon is not a Boston Marathon qualifer.
14. Where are the port-a-potties located on the course?
Port-a-potties will be located near the start/finish area at Veterans BLVD. There will also be some near Legion Park and the Owensboro Health Park.
15. How do age group winners get their medals?
There will NOT be an awards ceremony. Age group winners will receive their medals in the mail after the results have been finalized.
16. Can a child or family member cross the finish line with me?
For the safety of yourself, your family members, and other participants, spectators will NOT be able to cross the finish line with you.
17. How do I report incorrect or missing results?
Please contact Crossroads Events and Timing.
18. My GPS says I ran shorter/longer than 13.1. Are you sure the course is accurate?
GPS devices are not as accurate as many runners believe.
19. Can I purchase individual race photos?
At this time, we are not offering individual race photos.
20. Can I exchange my shirt for a different size?
As long as we have extras, your t-shirt can be exchanged at the expo on March 22, 2019.
21. How come I’m not receiving any of the race emails?
Please check your spam folders. If you can not locate the race emails, please contact John Gleason at [email protected] to be added to the list.
22. How can I volunteer for the race?
A high quality event is only made possible by the support of volunteers! Please visit our volunteer page for more information.
23. How is the race date decided?
As you can imagine, planning a race involving 13.1 miles of public roads can be tricky. We work closely with the City of Owensboro to determine the best date.
24. Is there a military/first responders discount?
Yes, a military/first responders discount is offered. The discount will not be given out past March 1, 2019 at 11:59PM. Please contact John Gleason at [email protected] to receive your code. Military ID is required for discount.